Day 18: Christmas Music & Carolling
I have a confession. I’m one of those people that truly LOVES Christmas music! I’m excited to hear the familiar tunes over the intercom of every single store I shop in after November 11th. Whether you are as excited to hear Christmas music as I am, or not, it is probably a big part of your life too. Have you ever scrapbooked it? Here’s a few ideas to get you started.
Consider several ways Christmas music is a part of your life:
- CD’s/ mp3’s
- Radio and TV (Christmas Specials and Commercials)
- Concerts *NOTE: See DAY 9 for more ways to capture the magic of your concerts!
- Musical instruments/lessons
- A stack of your favourite Christmas CD’s
- A photo of your ipod (bonus points for making it festive!)
- Photos of you carolling with your family/friends
- Photos of carollers that visit you
- Photos of you or your kids practicing their musical instrument, or performing at a gathering
- A photo of your musical instrument
- What is your favourite Christmas song? Who sings it? Why do you love it? How does it make you feel?
- Talk to your family members to find out their favourite songs too.
- Do you love a certain Christmas album?
- Which Christmas songs were a part of your childhood? What style are they? Crooner, country, classical…
- Use the lyrics, or a quote from your favourite song on your page.
- A song title can make a great scrapbook title too.
- Carolling: Who do you go carolling with? Are you a part of a choir? Do you have a group of friends or family that goes carolling every year? Where do you go? What songs do you sing? Is it spontaneous or is it planned and rehearsed?
- Musical Instrument: Who plays the instrument? How long have they played? Which songs are they learning for Christmas? Did they have an opportunity to perform? Why do they enjoy that instrument?
I hope you are inspired to capture the magic of Christmas songs on your scrapbook pages. I’d love to know what your favourite Christmas song is. Share YOUR favourite song in the comments!
Join us tomorrow for Day 19: Santa Letters
Comments on this entry are closed.
My favourite Christmas carol is O Holy Night, sung by Martina McBride. I get goosebumps every time I hear it!
I also really love Mary Did You Know by Paul Brandt, The Gift by Paul Brandt, and Christmas Convoy by Paul Brandt.
My favourite Christmas song is called The Christmas Song. Best version is by Ella Fitzgerald. SO GOOD! It just feels like Christmas when I hear that song!