Day 20: the Family Photo
Do you send out a family photo with your Christmas cards/emails? Maybe you like to gather the family and do a fun photo shoot. My husband’s family is great at lining everyone up for a group photo every time we are together for the holidays. There are many ways you might include your family photo in your scrapbook.
- The photo included in your Christmas cards
- The family in front of your Christmas tree
- Other ‘creative’ Christmas photo ideas (wearing Santa hats or reindeer antlers, wearing pj’s, the opportunities are limitless!)
- Take a group photo on Christmas day
- Include a family photo from your childhood
- Recreate an old family photo… use the same people, and a similar setting… there is lots of ideas online for this. FUN!
- Describe the “story” of taking the photo, did anything funny happen? Who hates having their photo taken?
- How did you choose your photo “theme”
- Do you send the photo in your Christmas cards?
- Create a quick bio of each family member (name, age, wish list item, favourite Christmas cookie, etc.)
- Include a Christmas poem or quote
- If you have a family photo from your childhood you can compare it to a recent photo or share a nostalgic story
- If you have recreated an old family photo, share both photos together on a page and talk about the similarities and differences.
I hope you will be inspired to capture the magic of your family photo on your scrapbook pages! What is the coolest idea you’ve seen for a creative family photo? Share your ideas in the comments!
Join us tomorrow for Day 21: Christmas Cards