Day 14: Stockings
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there. Yes, today we are going to add our stockings to our Christmas scrapbook.
- Each family member with their stocking
- Family members hanging up their stocking
- Stockings hung by the fire with care, or in their alternate location
- An ‘close-up’ photo of the stockings, with the tree in the background
- If there’s a baby in the house you can put the baby IN the stocking (Safety first: Lay it on the couch don’t hang it up!)
Alternate Stocking locations… for lack of a fireplace:
- A bannister
- On hooks, or ribbon on the wall
- On a bookcase
- On a windowsill
- On the back of the couch
- On a hat rack
- The edge of a sofa table
- On a coat rack
- On a ladder
- Pull some journaling from the Night Before Christmas, or a title?
- Where did your stocking come from?
- Childhood memories?
- Do you still use the same stocking you did as a kid? Do your parents still set one up for you?
My new house has a fireplace and I’m really excited that I can hang stockings by the fire. Where do you hang your stockings? Share in the comments!
Join us tomorrow for Day 15: Cookies and Milk
Comments on this entry are closed.
We live in an old house with a fireplace – we added a gas insert to be more efficient – but the mantel is the place for the stockings.