Day 16: Favourite Christmas Books
Our bookshelf has a section dedicated to Christmas books. On that shelf are a few family favourites, like the copy of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer that belonged to my husband as a child, The Night Before Christmas (a classic!) and Mooseltoe by Margie Palatini and Henry Cole, an adorable rhyming story of a father moose trying to create a perfectly perfect Christmas. As these books are a special part of our Christmas experience they should definitely be included in our Christmas scrapbook.
- Photo of your child reading his/her favourite Christmas book
- Photo of you reading to your child
- Think about your photo location, is the background festive? Is it a common place for reading in your home?
- Can you ‘sneak’ a photo without your child knowing to capture them ‘in the moment’?
- Photo of a stack of favourite Christmas books
- Do you have any stories that you loved since you were a child?
- Have you discovered a new favourite from your kids’ books?
- What book is everyone’s favourite in your house? Does each person have their own favourite, or do you all like one special story?
- Is it almost impossible to choose a favourite?
- Have your choices changed over the years? What about your kids’ choices?
Including your favourite Christmas books on your scrapbook pages is a wonderful way to capture the magic of Christmas. It is a way to tell your Christmas story. Are you going to include Christmas books on your scrapbook pages this season? Leave me a comment and tell me what your favourite Christmas book is.
Join us tomorrow for Day 17: Favourite Christmas Movies
Comments on this entry are closed.
What a wonderful idea about having a seperate place for your Christmas books. We don’t have that many Christmas books buy my daughters grandparents have recorded two of those Christmas books that you get at Hallmark and she listens to them all the time during the Christmas season. I have never taken photos of this and I really should because they are a part of our tradition!!
Thanks for your comment! I bring the Christmas books upstairs in December. The rest of the year they are kept together on our overflow bookshelf downstairs. (I take the travel books downstairs.) I’m excited to hear that you are planning to capture the magic of your Christmas stories in your scrapbook!
What great prompts for Christmas photos. Some of my favorite pictures are ones that are in the “sneak a peek” kind of photo! I also love the picture you have here on this post, it really shows how precious these moments are! Merry Christmas, Alice!